Main / Production / Lubrication system for wheel flanges ÑÏÏ 12-5
Lubrication system for wheel flanges ÑÏÏ 12-5
Lubrication system ÑÏÏ 12-5 (locomotive wheel flange lubricator) is designed for lubrication of the flanges of locomotive wheel sets. In case of implementing the system on the rolling stock the following advantages are achieved:
- The wear of the wheel flanges is significantly decreased, their service live is increased;
- The wear of the side surfaces of rails is decreased, their service life is increased;
- The tractive resistance is decreased, the expenses for traction power (diesel) are decreased;
- The risk of derailing is decreased due to decrease of friction;
- The expenses connected with idling of rolling stock due to replacement and turning of the wheel sets and rail grinding are decreased.
Range of application
The lubrication system for wheel flanges of locomotives ÑÏÏ 12-5 may be installed on all types of rail transport:
- diesel locomotives;
- electric locomotives;
- traction units;
- underground cars;
- rails cranes.
Components of ÑÏÏ 12-5 system
The system consists of the following parts:
Electronic control unit ÁÓÃ, which controls the electric valves, which start the actuating device of grease supply and open the air passage to the air pipeline;
· Grease supply unit ÀÏÑ, which is an actuating device of preliminary purification and supply of grease to the grease pipeline under high pressure;
· Pipelines which transport compressed air and lubricating material under pressure directly to the fine filters, and from there – to the nozzles;
· Nozzles, which are the units for precise dozing of the lubricating material, mixing and fine spraying of the air-and-grease mixture to form a 3 – 7 micron film on the surface of the wheel flange;
· Fasteners to fix system elements to locomotive structures, connectors and valves;
· Filling station ÑÇÏ to pump grease into the tanks of the lubrication system.
Recommended lubricating materials
We recommend to use special consistent lubricants developed by LLC “Yugtechnotrans” together with JSC “AZMOL” for locomotive wheel flange lubricators, which are water-resistant, capable to withstand wide temperature changes and of high adhesion.
At present, two grades of grease are produced for locomotive wheel flange lubricators:
Lubricant AZMOL Relsol M
· Lubricant AZMOL Relsol ÃÑ
AZMOL Relsol M is produced by thickening the oil mixture to viscosity of 20 – 35 mm3/sec under 40 oC.
AZMOL Relsol ÃÑ is produced by thickening the oil mixture to viscosity of 20 – 25 mm3/sec under 40 oC with calcium soaps of fatty acids and anti-oxidizing additive.
Railway enterprises are the consumers of these lubricants.
The compulsory requirements to quality of the products, its safety and harmlessness for human life, property and environment as per ÒÓ Ó 00152365.089.2001 are observed.